Massachusetts - Educator Preparation and Licensure: Educator Licensure Policy
1. Possession of a bachelor's degree.
2. Passing score on the Communication and Literacy Skills test.
3. Passing score on the subject matter knowledge test(s) appropriate to the license sought, based on the subject matter knowledge requirements set forth in 603 CMR 7.06 and 7.07. Where no test has been established, completion of an approved program will satisfy this requirement.
4. Completion of an approved program for the Initial license sought as set forth in 603 CMR 7.03 (2) (a).
5. For core academic teachers, possession of an SEI Teacher Endorsement.
6. Evidence of sound moral character.