Connecticut - Educator Professional Growth and Development: Professional Development
Connecticut is a member of The Interstate School Leaders Licensure Consortium (ISLLC), and participated in the development of the ISLLC Professional Development Standards for School Leaders. These standards include five Professional Development Propositions, which state, "ISLLC believes that quality professional development…
1. Validates teaching and learning as the central activities of the school,
2. Engages all school leaders in planful, integrated, career-long learning to improve student achievement,
3. Promotes collaboration to achieve organizational goals while meeting individual needs,
4. Models effective learning processes, and
5. Incorporates measures of accountability that direct attention to valued learning outcomes."