Iowa - Educator Preparation and Licensure: Educator Licensure Policy
1. Baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution.
2. Completion of an approved teacher preparation program.
3. Completion of an approved human relations component.
4. Completion of requirements for a teaching endorsement.
5. Completion of the mandated tests in the state in which the applicant is currently licensed OR Completion of the Iowa mandated tests.
6. Meets the recency requirement of 6 college credits or teaching experience – either within the last 5 years.