New Jersey - Educator Preparation and Licensure: Educator Licensure Policy
1. Hold a bachelor’s or an advanced degree from a regionally accredited college or university;
2. Meet all minimum requirements in N.J.A.C. 6A:9B-5, including, but not limited to, citizenship, minimum age, and the examination in physiology, hygiene, and substance abuse.
3. Achieve a cumulative GPA of at least 3.00 when a GPA of 4.00 equals an A grade for candidates graduating on or after September 1, 2016, in a baccalaureate degree program, higher degree program, or a State-approved post-baccalaureate certification program with a minimum of 13 semester-hour credits
4. Satisfy the endorsement requirements and exceptions pursuant to N.J.A.C. 6A:9B-9 through 11, including, but not limited to, passing the appropriate State test(s) of subject matter knowledge and completing the required subject-area course requirements;
5. Be recommended for State licensure by a New Jersey educator preparation program approved pursuant to N.J.A.C. 6A:9A-3, or an out-of-State program approved by the state in which it is located and pursuant to the out-of-State program rules