Puerto Rico - Educator Preparation and Licensure: Educator Licensure Policy
1. Be eighteen (18) years of age or older.
2. Have the required academic and professional qualifications and other requirements, as it provided later in this regulation.
3. Have passed the tests for Teacher Certification (PCMAS), as to the standards set by circular letter by the Secretary of the Department of Education.
4. Have approved and evidenced a course on the Nature of Exceptional Children, including the concepts of Assistive Technology and Inclusion.
5. Have approved and evidenced a course on the Integration of Technology in Education , including the issue of identification of reliable sources of information and adapting the curriculum
6. Have approved and evidenced a course of History of Puerto Rico.
7. Have passed and evidenced a course of American history .
8. To submit any documentary evidence of personal and professional kind required for this purpose.