Alabama - Educator Professional Growth and Development: Administrator Licensure Renewal
(c) Professional educator certificates and renewable Career/Technical Certificates may be continued with verification of:
1. Three years of satisfactory educational experience and either 5 allowable Continuing Education Units (CEUs), which equate to 50 clock hours of professional development, or 3 semester/4 quarter hours of allowable credit; or
2. 5 allowable CEUs and 3 semester/4 quarter hours of allowable credit; or
3. 6 semester/9 quarter hours of allowable credit; or
4. Certification from the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (NBPTS) earned during the validity period of the Alabama professional educator certificate currently held.
5. Special provision for some retired teachers. An individual who retired from a teaching or instructional support position in an Alabama public school system and who had at least 25 full years of satisfactory educational experience and a valid Alabama Professional Educator Certificate at the time of retirement may continue the Professional Educator Certificate by documenting at least 10 allowable CEUs in lieu of the options indicated in .04(1)(c)1-4, above.