New Jersey - Educator Professional Growth and Development: Professional Development
1. Learning communities: Occurs within learning communities committed to continuous improvement, collective responsibility, and goal alignment;
2. Leadership: Requires skillful leaders who develop capacity, advocate, and create support systems for professional learning;
3. Resources: Requires prioritizing, monitoring, and coordinating resources for educator learning;
4. Data: Uses a variety of sources and types of student, educator, and system data to plan, assess, and evaluate professional learning;
5. Learning designs: Integrates theories, research, and models of human learning to achieve its intended outcomes;
6. Implementation: Applies research on change and sustains support for implementation of professional learning for long-term change; and
7. Outcomes: Aligns its outcomes with educator performance and student curriculum standards.