Indiana - Professional Program Standards and Requirements: Educator Preparation Policy
(b) To be accredited by the board, a teacher preparation program shall do the following:
(1) Have at least one (1) approved licensure program.
(2) Develop an assessment system under section 2 of this rule that includes all approved licensure
(3) Require program applicants, as a condition of acceptance to the program, to obtain at least a
minimum acceptable score on an assessment established under 511 IAC 15-7-2 that demonstrates
proficiency in basic reading, writing, and mathematics or an alternative as approved by the board and
published by the department.
(4) Provide current information to the department
(5) Provide an annual state report to the department.
(6) Meet the following standards for programs
(A) Professional standards for the accreditation of schools, colleges, and departments of education of the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
(B) Model standards for beginning teacher licensing and of the Interstate New Teacher Assessment and Support Consortium (INTASC).