Oregon - Community Involvement in Local Governance: Stakeholders
Oregon Revised Statutes 329.704 21st Century Schools Councils; District Site Committees
(1) Nothing in this section shall interfere with the duties, responsibilities and rights of duly elected school district boards. There shall be established at each school a 21st Century Schools Council. The duties of a 21st Century Schools Council shall include but not be limited to:
- (a) The development of plans to improve the professional growth of the school’s staff;
- (b) The improvement of the school’s instructional program;
- (c) The development and coordination of plans for the implementation of programs under this chapter at the school; and
- (d) The administration of grants-in-aid for the professional development of teachers and classified district employees.
(2) A 21st Century Schools Council shall be composed of teachers, parents, classified employees and principals or the principal’s designee, as follows:
- (a) Not more than half of the members shall be teachers;
- (b) Not more than half of the members shall be parents of students attending that school;
- (c) At least one member shall be a classified employee; and
- (d) One member shall be the principal of the building or the principal’s designee.
(3) In addition, other members may be as the school district shall designate, including but not limited to business leaders, students and members of the community at large.