New Hampshire - Community Service Education/ Service Learning: Programs or Services
Programs And Services
New Hampshire Administrative Rules Ed 306.04 Policy Development.
(i) The policy relative to character and citizenship development shall:
- (1) Include those elements of character and citizenship to be incorporated in courses of study or instilled, by example, in a caring educational environment, including but not limited to:
- a. Self-discipline, self-respect, and self-control;
- b. Pursuant to Part 2, Article 83 of the New Hampshire Constitution, humanity, benevolence, and truth and honesty with self and others;
- c. Fairness, integrity, and justice;
- d. Respect, courtesy, and human worth;
- e. Responsibility to oneself and others;
- f. Community service; and
- g. Pursuant to RSA 186:13, the rights and responsibilities of citizenship; and
- (2) Be developed in consultation with school staff, administration, parents, and other representatives of the community.