Utah - Community Use of Public School Facilities: Partnerships
Utah Administrative Code R277-113-7. School Sponsored Activities.
(4) An LEA or individual public school shall comply with the following regarding school and nonschool sponsored activities:
- (a) An LEA may establish LEA specific rules or polices designating categories of school sponsored activities or groups and establishing LEA policy regarding use of facilities or LEA resources.
- (b) An LEA may enter into contractual agreements to allow for fundraising and use of LEA facilities.
- (i) An agreement under Subsection (4)(a) shall take into consideration the LEA's fiduciary responsibility for the management and use of public funds.
- (ii) An LEA should consult with the LEA's insurer or legal counsel, or both, to ensure risks are adequately considered and managed;