Minnesota - Early Identification and Referral: Programs and Services
Minnesota Statutes 2018 Public welfare and related activities, Chapter 256 Human services, 256.995 School-linked services for at-risk children and youth
Subd. 3. Services. The program must be designed not to duplicate existing programs, but to enable schools to collaborate with county social service agencies and county health boards and with local public and private providers to assure that at-risk children and youth receive health care, mental health services, family drug and alcohol counseling, and needed social services. Screenings and referrals under this program shall not duplicate screenings under section 121A.17.
Minnesota Statutes 2018 Health, Chapter 145 Public health provisions 145.958 Youth violence prevention
Subd. 2.Violence prevention programs for at-risk youth.
(c) Violence prevention programs may include, but are not limited to:
- (1) mentorship;
- (2) job placement and support;
- (3) youth violence prevention training;
- (4) parent and family intervention and teaching parenting skills;
- (5) school-related initiative involving police liaison officers, youth leadership, peer mediation systems, after-school activities, and intervention in truancy cases;
- (6) chemical dependency and mental health intervention, screening, and assessment;