Utah - Early Identification and Referral: Programs and Services
Programs And Services
Utah Code 53G-9-203. Definitions -- School personnel -- Medical recommendations -- Exceptions -- Penalties.
(2) School personnel may:
- (a) provide information and observations to a student's parent or guardian about that student, including observations and concerns in the following areas:
- (i) progress;
- (ii) health and wellness;
- (iii) social interactions;
- (iv) behavior; or
- (v) topics consistent with Subsection 53E-9-203(6);
- (b) communicate information and observations between school personnel regarding a child;
- (c) refer students to other appropriate school personnel and agents, consistent with local school board or charter school policy, including referrals and communication with a school counselor or other mental health professionals working within the school system;
- (d) consult or use appropriate health care professionals in the event of an emergency while the student is at school, consistent with the student emergency information provided at student enrollment;
- (e) exercise their authority relating to the placement within the school or readmission of a child who may be or has been suspended or expelled for a violation of Section 53G-8-205; and
- (f) complete a behavioral health evaluation form if requested by a student's parent or guardian to provide information to a licensed physician.