California - School-based or School-linked Mental Health Services: Programs and Services
California Health and Safety Code 124174.6 Public School Health Center Support Program
The department shall establish a grant program within the Public School Health Center Support Program to provide technical assistance, and funding for the expansion, renovation, and retrofitting of existing school health centers, and the development of new school health centers, in accordance with the following procedures and requirements:
(a) A school health center receiving grant funds pursuant to this section shall meet or have a plan to meet the following requirements:
- (1) Strive to provide a comprehensive set of services including medical, oral health, mental health, health education, and related services in response to community needs.
- (2) Provide primary and other health care services, provided or supervised by a licensed professional, which may include all of the following:
- (A) Physical examinations, immunizations, and other preventive medical services.
- (B) Diagnosis and treatment of minor injuries and acute medical conditions.
- (C) Management of chronic medical conditions.
- (D) Basic laboratory tests.
- (E) Referrals to and followup for specialty care.
- (F) Reproductive health services.
- (G) Nutrition services.
- (H) Mental health services provided or supervised by an appropriately licensed mental health professional may include: assessments, crisis intervention, counseling, treatment, and referral to a continuum of services including emergency psychiatric care, community support programs, inpatient care, and outpatient programs. School health centers providing mental health services as specified in this section shall consult with the local county mental health department for collaboration in planning and service delivery.