Maryland - School-based or School-linked Mental Health Services: Programs and Services
2017 Maryland Code Education 7-440. Individualized or group behavioral counseling services.
(a) Definitions. --
- (1) In this section the following words have the meanings indicated.
- (2) "Behavioral health counseling services" means prevention, intervention, and treatment services for the social-emotional, psychological, behavioral, and physical health of students, including mental health and substance abuse disorders.
- (3) "Health care provider" has the meaning stated in § 20-104 of the Health - General Article.
(b) In general. --
- (1) The Maryland Department of Health, in conjunction with the Department, shall recommend best practices for county boards of education to provide to students:
- (i) Behavioral needs assessments; and
- (ii) Individualized or group behavioral health counseling services with a health care provider through a school-based health center or through community partnered school-based behavioral health services.
(c) Construction of section. -- This section may not be construed to require a county board to provide behavioral needs assessments or individualized or group behavioral health counseling services to students.