Florida - School Counseling—elementary grade levels (K-8): Programs and Services
Florida Statutes 1006.025 Guidance services.
(1) Each district school board shall annually submit a district guidance report to the Commissioner of Education by June 30.
(2) The guidance report shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- (a) Examination of student access to certified school counselors.
- (b) Degree to which a district has adopted or implemented a guidance model program.
- (c) Evaluation of the information and training available to certified school counselors and career specialists to advise students on areas of critical need, labor market trends, and technical training requirements.
- (d) Progress toward incorporation of best practices for advisement as identified by the department.
- (e) Consideration of alternative guidance systems or ideas, including, but not limited to, a teacher-advisor model, mentoring, partnerships with the business community, web-based delivery, and parental involvement.
- (f) A guidance plan for the district.
(3) The department shall provide resources to district school boards that may assist districts in preparing the annual guidance report. The resources shall include, but are not limited to, materials relating to guidance model programs, training available through the department for career guidance, adopted best practices, alternative guidance systems or ideas, and a model district guidance plan.