Wisconsin - School Counseling Staff Qualifications: Staff Qualifications and Professional Development
Wisconsin Administrative Code PI 34.058 General requirements
In order to be eligible for a license under this subchapter, an applicant shall meet all of the following requirements:
(1) The applicant completed an approved educator preparation program in the applicable position area.
(2) The applicant received an institutional endorsement.
(3) The applicant met the content knowledge requirement under s. PI 34.021 (1) (c).
Wisconsin Administrative Code PI 34.059 School counselor.
(1) AUTHORIZATION. A license under this section authorizes an individual to work as a school counselor.
(2) ELIGIBILITY. The state superintendent may issue a school counselor license under this section to an applicant who has a master's degree and meets all of the requirements under s. PI 34.058.