Maryland - Suicide Prevention Policy: Policy or Plan Requirements
Policy Or Plan Requirements
2017 Maryland Code Education 7-504. Eligibility guidelines; authorized programs
(a) Regulations for eligibility guidelines. --
- (1) The Department shall adopt regulations that set eligibility guidelines for State funding of Youth Suicide Prevention School Programs under this subtitle.
- (2) The regulations shall:
- (i) Establish procedures for developing local programs, in cooperation with local education agencies, youth service bureaus, and community mental health centers; and
- (ii) Establish standards and policies for programs to offer:
- Individual, family, and group counseling related to youth suicide prevention;
- Referral, crisis intervention, and information for students, parents, and school personnel; and
- Training for school personnel, and others responsible for counseling or supervising student activities.