West Virginia - Employee Protections for Parent Attendance at School Activities: Program requirement
West Virginia Code 18-5A-2. Local school improvement councils; election.
(k) In order to promote innovations and improvements in the environment for teaching and learning at the school, a school improvement council shall receive cooperation from the school in implementing policies and programs it may adopt to:
- (1) Encourage the involvement of parent(s), guardian(s) or custodian(s) in their child's educational process and in the school;
- (2) Encourage businesses to provide time for their employees who are parent(s), guardian(s) or custodian(s) to meet with teachers concerning their child's education;
- (3) Encourage advice and suggestions from the business community;
- (4) Encourage school volunteer programs and mentorship programs; and
- (5) Foster utilization of the school facilities and grounds for public community activities.