Oregon - Engagement of Parents of English Language Learners: Program requirements
Oregon Administrative Rules 581-020-0624 ELL District and School Improvement: Best Practices and Promising
(1) The Department shall create an online resource bank for sharing national, state and local best practices and promising practices in serving ELL students and engaging families of ELL students. The best practices and promising practices must be culturally responsive.
(2) The online resource bank shall include resources for best practices and promising practices and should address at a minimum:
- (a) The provision of support for students who are in grades 6 to 12 and have been identified as ELL students for six or more years;
- (b) The provision of support for students who are former ELL students;
- (c) Engagement of families and delivering essential notifications relating to ELL programs; and
- (d) Identification of students who are eligible to be enrolled as ELL students.
(3) The statewide plan to support ELL students shall be included with the online resource bank.