Utah - Family Engagement in Local Governance: Stakeholders
Utah Code 53G-7-1202. School community councils -- Duties -- Composition -- Election procedures and selection of members.
(2) A district school, in consultation with the district school's local school board, shall establish a school community council at the school building level for the purpose of:
- (a) involving parents or guardians of students in decision making at the school level;
- (b) improving the education of students;
- (c) prudently expending School LAND Trust Program money for the improvement of students' education through collaboration among parents and guardians, school employees, and the local school board; and
- (d) increasing public awareness of:
- (i) school trust lands and related land policies;
- (ii) management of the State School Fund established in Utah Constitution Article X, Section V; and
- (iii) educational excellence.