Nebraska - Family Engagement Plans: Policy or Plan Requirement
Nebraska Revised Statutes 79-532. Parental involvement; policy; contents.
The policy required by section 79-531 shall include, but need not be limited to, the following:
(1) How the school district will provide access to parents concerning textbooks, tests, and other curriculum materials used in the school district;
(2) How the school district will handle requests by parents to attend and monitor courses, assemblies, counseling sessions, and other instructional activities;
(3) Under what circumstances parents may ask that their children be excused from testing, classroom instruction, and other school experiences the parents may find objectionable;
(4) How the school district will provide access to records of students;
(5) What the school district’s testing policy will be; and
(6) How the school district participates in surveys of students and the right of parents to remove their children from such surveys.
Nebraska Revised Statutes 79-531. Parental involvement; public school district; adopt policy.
On or before July 1, 1995, each public school district in the state shall develop and adopt a policy stating how the district will seek to involve parents in the schools and what parents’ rights shall be relating to access to the schools, testing information, and curriculum matters.