Utah - Family Engagement Plans: Policy or Plan Requirement
Policy Or Plan Requirements
Utah Code 53E-2-303. Parental participation in educational process -- Employer support.
(3) (a) Each local school board shall adopt a policy on parental involvement in the schools of the district.
- (b) The board shall design its policy to build consistent and effective communication among parents, teachers, and administrators.
- (c) The policy shall provide parents with the opportunity to be actively involved in their children’s education and to be informed of:
- (i) the importance of the involvement of parents in directly affecting the success of their children’s educational efforts; and
- (ii) groups and organizations that may provide instruction and training to parents to help improve their children’s academic success and support their academic efforts.