District of Columbia - Parent Supports and Education Programs: Stakeholders
D.C. Code 38–754.02. Definitions.
For the purposes of this subchapter, the term:
(4) “Eligible services” means:
- (G) Programs designed to:
- (i) Facilitate parental involvement in, and engagement with, their children’s education, including parental activities that involve supporting, monitoring, and advocating for their children’s education;
- (ii) Promote parental leadership in the life of the school; and
- (iii) Build parenting skills;
District of Columbia Municipal Regulations 401 NEIGHBORHOOD SCHOOL COUNCILS
401.4 The Superintendent shall develop programs, at local schools, with the support of parent and community organizations, for parents who need support in order to provide effective aid to their children.
Source: Office of the Secretary of the District of Columbia