Arkansas - State Models and Supports: Model Policy, Resources, Supports
2017 Arkansas Code 6-15-1704. Annual review of parental involvement plans -- Monitoring
(a) Annually by October 1, every school district shall review and update the school district's parental involvement plan and:
- (1) File a copy of the plan with the Department of Education;
- (2) Place a copy of the plan on the school district's website; and
- (A) Place a parent-friendly summary of the plan as a supplement to the student handbook.
- (B) The parent shall sign a form acknowledging receipt of the summary and return the signed form to the school where the student is enrolled.
(b) (1) (A) The department shall:
- (i) Review each plan;
- (ii) Determine whether the plan is in compliance with provisions of this subchapter; and
(iii) Indicate on the school's performance report under § 6-15-1402 whether or not the school district is in compliance with this subchapter.
- (B) Periodically on a rotating schedule, the department shall monitor each school district's plan to:
- (i) Evaluate whether the school district is implementing its plan and the implementation's effectiveness; and
(ii) Assess the areas in which a school district needs to revise its plan or its implementation of the plan.
- (C) The department shall place priority for monitoring under subdivision (b)(1)(B) of this section on school districts that have been identified as being in:
- (i) Level 4 -- Directed support; or
(ii) Level 5 -- Intensive support.
(2) By January 1 of each year, the department shall provide any recommendations in writing to a school district:
(A) Concerning areas of noncompliance with §§ 6-15-1701 -- 6-15-1703; or
(B) As a result of the department's monitoring under subdivision (b)(1)(B) of this section.
(3) The department shall allow the school district an opportunity to implement the department's recommendations.
(4) The State Board of Education shall incorporate the provisions of this subsection into its rules for parental involvement plans.