Nevada - HE K-12 curriculum—benefits of physical activity (MS): Curricula
Nevada Administrative Code 389.381 Sixth through eighth grades: Health.
Instruction in sixth grade, seventh grade and eighth grade in health must be designed so that pupils meet the following performance standards by the completion of the eighth grade:
- Practice health-enhancing behaviors and avoid and reduce health risks, as demonstrated by the ability of the pupil to:
- (a) Explain the importance of a person assuming responsibility for healthy behaviors;
- (b) Create a wellness plan that meets dietary guidelines and includes moderate to vigorous physical activity;
- (c) Demonstrate methods of responding to behaviors that put a pupil at risk, including, without limitation, the use of alcohol, tobacco and other drugs;
- (d) Understand basic procedures in safety, first aid and life-saving measures, including, without limitation, the use of and procedures for using recreational safety equipment;
- (e) Evaluate the behaviors of the pupil that put the pupil at risk for injury, including, without limitation, self-harming behaviors and harmful trends; and
- (f) Analyze the behaviors of a pupil that increase the risk of the pupil spreading communicable diseases, including, without limitation, sexually transmitted diseases, mononucleosis, tuberculosis and influenza.