Texas - HE K-12 curriculum—benefits of physical activity (MS): Curricula
Texas Administrative Code. 115.22. Health Education, Grade 6.
(b) Knowledge and skills.
- (1) Health information. The student comprehends ways to enhance and maintain personal health throughout the life span. The student is expected to:
- (A) analyze healthy and unhealthy dietary practices;
- (B) explain the importance of a personal dietary and exercise plan;
- (C) compare immediate and long-range effects of personal health care choices such as personal and dental hygiene;
- (D) identify causes and effects associated with poor body image such as eating disorders and growth patterns;
- (E) examine the concept of cost versus effectiveness of health care products;
- (F) describe the mental, physical, and social benefits of regular exercise and fitness;
- (G) describe the importance of establishing and implementing a periodic health-maintenance clinical assessment; and
- (H) demonstrate strategies for managing stress.