Texas - HE K-12 curriculum—bullying prevention (MS): Curricula
Texas Education Code Sec. 28.002. REQUIRED CURRICULUM
(s) ...In addition to any other essential knowledge and skills the State Board of Education adopts for the health curriculum under Subsection (a)(2)(B), the board shall adopt for the health curriculum, in consultation with the Texas School Safety Center, essential knowledge and skills that include evidence-based practices that will effectively address awareness, prevention, identification, self-defense in response to, and resolution of and intervention in bullying and harassment.
Texas Administrative Code. 115.22. Health Education, Grade 6.
(b) Knowledge and skills.
- (14) Bullying prevention. The student engages in behaviors that reduce the risk of bullying throughout the life span. The student is expected to:
- (A) analyze the impact that bullying has on both victims and bullies;
- (B) identify strategies for prevention and intervention of all forms of bullying such as emotional, physical, social, and sexual;
- (C) describe healthy ways to be assertive without being aggressive; and
- (D) assess healthy and appropriate ways of responding to bullying.
Source: Office of the Secretary of State