Maryland - HE K-12 curriculum—comprehensive sexual HE (ES): Curricula
Code of Maryland Regulations 13A.04.18.01 Comprehensive Health Education Instructional Programs for Grades Prekindergarten-12.
- (3) Local school systems shall provide annual instruction in AIDS to all students at least once in grades 3-5, 6-8, and 9-12.
Code of Maryland Regulations 13A.04.18.01 Comprehensive Health Education Instructional Programs for grades Prekindergarten - 12.
F. Family Life and Human Sexuality.
- (1) Students will demonstrate the ability to use human development knowledge, social skills, and health enhancing strategies to promote positive relationships and healthy growth and development throughout the life cycle.
- (2) The local school system shall establish a joint committee of educators and representatives of the community for the purpose of reviewing and commenting on instructional material to be submitted to the superintendent for consideration when recommending instructional material to be approved by the local Board of Education.
- (3) Materials and Instruction.
- (a) Material being presented will be in identifiable unit(s) within the total health education program.
- (b) Instruction shall be introduced as shortly in advance of puberty as is practical.
- (c) Direct teaching of the indicators and objectives will begin in or prior to the fifth grade