Utah - HE K-12 curriculum—mental and emotional health (ES): Curricula
Utah State Office of Education: Elementary Core Curriculum. Responsible Healthy Lifestyles 3-6.
Core Standards of the Course: Healthy Self
Standard 1: The students will learn ways to improve mental health and manage stress.
Objective 1: Demonstrate responsibility for self and actions.
- a. Identify personal responsibilities.
- b. Predict the consequences of neglecting responsibilities; e.g., increased stress, poor grades, punishment, no sense of accomplishment, impact on other people.
- c. Report the outcomes of completing responsibilities; e.g., sense of accomplishment, feeling good, contribution to cause, less stress.
- d. Determine how good decision making can help complete responsibilities.
Objective 2: Recognize why acceptance of self and others is important for the development of positive attitudes. *PD
- a. Determine the benefits of accepting self and others.
- b. Determine the benefits of having positive attitudes.
- c. Describe the relation between acceptance and attitude