Texas - HE K-12 curriculum—personal health and wellness (HS): Curricula
Texas Administrative Code. 115.32. Health 1, Grades 9-10 (One-Half Credit).
(b) Knowledge and skills.
- (1) Health information. The student analyzes health information and applies strategies for enhancing and maintaining personal health throughout the life span. The student is expected to:
- (A) relate the nation's health goals and objectives to individual, family, and community health;
- (B) examine the relationship among body composition, diet, and fitness;
- (C) explain the relationship between nutrition, quality of life, and disease;
- (D) describe the causes, symptoms, and treatment of eating disorders;
- (E) examine issues related to death and grieving;
- (F) discuss health-related social issues such as organ donation and homelessness;
- (G) analyze strategies to prevent suicides;
- (H) examine causes and effects of stress and develop strategies for managing stress and coping with anxiety and depression;
- (I) describe the importance of taking responsibility for establishing and implementing health maintenance for individuals and family members of all ages;
- (J) identify the categories of drugs and what they are used to treat; and
- (K) examine examples of drug labels to determine the drug category and intended use.