District of Columbia - HE K-12 curriculum—safety and injury prevention (HS): Curricula
Code of the District of Columbia § 38–824.02. Physical and health education requirements.
(b-1) Public schools and public charter schools shall provide instruction in cardiopulmonary resuscitation to students in Grades 9 through 12 as follows:
- (1) Beginning with the 2016-2017 school year, instruction in cardiopulmonary resuscitation shall be included in at least one health class necessary for graduation.
District of Columbia Municipal Regulations 2304 COMPREHENSIVE SCHOOL HEALTH EDUCATION
2034.3 The Superintendent shall ensure that health instruction as defined in this section is taught through the use of appropriate monitoring and establishment of minimum proficiencies or learning outcomes in at least eleven (11) content areas including the following:
- (a) HIV/AIDS and other sexually transmitted diseases;
- (b) Human sexuality and family;
- (c) Prevention and control of disease;
- (d) Nutrition and dietary patterns that contribute to disease;
- (e) Tobacco, alcohol, and other drug education;
- (f) Physical education;
- (g) Parenting;
- (h) Coping with life situations;
- (i) CPR, first aid, safety; injury and violence prevention;
- (j) Consumer health; and
- (k) Environmental health.
Source: Office of Documents and Administrative Issuances