Colorado - HE K-12 curriculum—SEL (HS): Curricula
(3) In addition to the requirements of section 22-25-104 (3)(b), each school district and board of cooperative services is encouraged to include instruction in its local comprehensive health education program which:
- (a) Promotes parental involvement, promotes abstinence from high-risk behaviors, fosters positive self-concepts, develops decision-making skills, and provides mechanisms for coping with and resisting peer pressure;
- (b) Focuses on the dynamic relationship among physical, mental, emotional, and social well-being; and
- (c) Integrates available community resources into the educational program.
Comprehensive Health Health & Physical Education
3. Emotional and Social Wellness (Shared Standard)
Includes mental, emotional, and social health skills to recognize and manage emotions, develop care and concern for others, establish positive relationships, make responsible decisions, handle challenging situations constructively, resolve conflicts respectfully, manage stress, and make ethical and safe choices; examines internal and external influences on mental and social health; and identifies common mental and emotional health problems and their effect on physical health.
Source: Colorado Department of Education