Texas - HE K-12 curriculum—SEL (MS): Curricula
Texas Administrative Code. 115.22. Health Education, Grade 6.
(b) Knowledge and skills.
- (13) Personal/interpersonal skills. The student analyzes information and applies critical-thinking, decision-making, goal-setting, and problem-solving skills for making health-promoting decisions. The student is expected to:
- (A) seek the input of parents and other trusted adults in problem solving and goal setting;
- (B) demonstrate the use of refusal skills in unsafe situations;
- (C) explain the impact of peer pressure on decision making;
- (D) compare the risks and benefits of various health behaviors such as choosing not to smoke;
- (E) identify the possible health implications of long-term personal and vocational goals; and
- (F) identify decision-making practices such as refusing invitations, knowing the risks of substance abuse, and reporting the abuse to a parent school administrator, teacher, or other trusted adult that reduce unsafe health behaviors.