Tennessee - School nurse qualifications: Staff qualifications and professional development
Tennessee Code Annotated 49-3-359. BEP funding
(2) Each public school nurse employed by or provided to an LEA, pursuant to subsection (a), shall meet or exceed the minimum qualifications and standards established pursuant to § 68-1-1204(a), and shall perform the duties and responsibilities enumerated within § 68-1-1202. Each public school nurse employed by an LEA shall maintain current certification through a certifying cardiopulmonary resuscitation course consistent with the scientific guidelines of the American Heart Association in collaboration with the International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation.
Tennessee Administrative Rules and Regulations 1200-11-5-.05 Staffing
(1) For the basic program, services provided by the program may be delivered by registered nurses, certified nurse practitioners, health educators, medical social workers, nutritionists and other health care professionals.
(2) The program will provide to each LEA participating in the basic program the services of a registered nurse. In addition, services of other health care professionals may be provided.
(3) For special projects, types of personnel shall be based on the services needed to meet the unique needs the project addresses.
(4) Each public health region shall designate a health care professional as the School Health Coordinator to work with the program staff of that region.
Tennessee Department of Health and Environment Bureau of Health Services