State law addresses state-level technical assistance.
Oregon Administrative Rules 581-051-0530 Responsibilities of the Oregon Department of Education
(5) Upon request, the Department may provide technical assistance to Sponsors related to the National School Lunch Program, School Breakfast Program, Child and Adult Care Food Program, or Summer Food Service Program. Such assistance may include, but is not limited to:
- (a) Development of a 21-day cycle menu with food item specifications;
- (b) Nutrition monitoring and advising;
- (c) Audit of fiscal and other records;
- (d) Training of Sponsor Staff;
- (e) Coordination with FSMCs; and
- (f) Arbitration of disputes over interpretation of a Contract.