Vermont - Adaptive PE: Standards
Code of Vermont Rules 22-000-006-2363.7 Content of IEP
(c) Special education and related services and supplementary aids and services to be provided to the child, or on behalf of the child, and a statement of individual accommodations, program modifications, or supports that will be provided for school personnel to enable the child:
- (1) To advance appropriately toward attaining his or her IEP annual goals;
- (2) To be involved in and progress in the general curriculum, to participate in extracurricular and other non-academic activities and in physical education services pursuant to the requirements in Rule 2360.2.
- (3) To be educated and participate with a variety of children who do and do not have disabilities.
Code of Vermont Rules 22-000-006-2360.2.10 Physical Education
Each LEA shall:
- (1) Provide physical education services, specially designed if necessary, that shall he made available to every childwith a disability receiving FAPE unless the LEA enrolls children without disabilities and does not provide physical education to children without disabilities in the same grades
The Vermont Statutes 16-101-2942 Special Education
(2) “Special education” means, to the extent required by federal law, specially designed instruction, at no cost to parents or guardian, to meet the unique educational needs of a child with a disability, including classroom instruction, instruction in physical education, home instruction, and instruction in hospitals and institutions. The term includes “related services” as defined in federal law.
Vermont General Assembly