Nevada - PE exemptions for disability: Program requirement
Nevada Administrative Code 389.488 Exemption from physical education.
- A school district shall exempt a pupil from taking the course in physical education if the pupil requests the exemption on the basis of his or her:
- (a) Physical or mental condition, and the request is supported by a written statement from a physician;
- (b) Religious belief, and the request is supported by a written statement from the pupil's parent or guardian;
- (c) Enrollment in the Reserve Officer Training Corps; or
- (d) Intended enrollment in a program which is comparable to the course in physical education.