District of Columbia - Recess: Program requirement
Code of the District of Columbia § 38–824.01. Physical activity goals.
(c) Public schools and public charter schools shall seek to maximize physical activity by means including:
- (1) Extending the school day;
- (2) Encouraging students to walk or bike to school;
- (3) Promoting active recess;
- (4) Including physical activity in after-school activities;
- (5) Supporting athletic programs; and
- (6) Integrating movement into classroom instruction.