New Jersey - Acceptable Internet Use Policies: Policy or Plan Requirements
New Jersey Revised Statutes 18A:35-4.27 Instruction on responsible use of social media.
1a. Beginning with the 2014-2015 school year, each school district shall incorporate instruction on the responsible use of social media into the technology education curriculum for students in grades 6 through 8 as part of the district’s implementation of the Core Curriculum Content Standards in Technology.
- b. The instruction shall provide students with information on:
- (1) the purpose and acceptable use of various social media platforms;
- (2) social media behavior that ensures cyber safety, cyber security, and cyber ethics; and
- (3) potential negative consequences, including cyber bullying, of failing to use various social media platforms responsibly.
- c. The Commissioner of Education shall provide school districts with sample learning activities and resources designed to promote the responsible use of social media.