Utah - Acceptable Internet Use Policies: Policy or Plan Requirements
Policy Or Plan Requirements
Utah Code 53G-7-1202. School community councils -- Duties -- Composition -- Election procedures and selection of members.
(3) (a) Except as provided in Subsection (3b), a school community council shall:
- (i) create a school improvement plan in accordance with Section 53G-7-1204;
- (ii) create the School LAND Trust Program in accordance with Section 53G-7-1206;
- (iii) advise and make recommendations to school and school district administrators and the local school board regarding:
- (A) the school and its programs;
- (B) school district programs;
- (C) a child access routing plan in accordance with Section 53G-4-402;
- (D) safe technology utilization and digital citizenship; and
- (E) other issues relating to the community environment for students;
- (iv) provide for education and awareness on safe technology utilization and digital citizenship that empowers:
- (A) a student to make smart media and online choices; and
- (B) a parent or guardian to know how to discuss safe technology use with the parent's or guardian's child; and
- (v) partner with the school's principal and other administrators to ensure that adequate on and off campus Internet filtering is installed and consistently configured to prevent viewing of harmful content by students and school personnel, in accordance with local school board policy and Subsection 53G-7-216.