Vermont - Air Quality: Program Requirement
Vermont Statutes 18 V.S.A. § 1782. Environmentally preferable cleaning products
(a) A distributor or manufacturer of cleaning products shall sell, offer for sale, or distribute to a school, school district, supervisory union, or procurement consortium only:
- (1) environmentally preferable cleaning products utilized by the Department of Buildings and General Services under State contracts; or
- (2) cleaning products certified as environmentally preferable by an independent third party.
(b) A person who contracts with a school, school district, or supervisory union to provide cleaning services for a school only shall use a cleaning product that meets the requirements of subdivisions (a)(1) and (2) of this section.
(c) Nothing in this chapter shall be construed to regulate the sale, use, or distribution of antimicrobial pesticides.
(d) A distributor or manufacturer of cleaning products shall provide a green cleaning training to each school district it provides with environmentally preferable cleaning products, provided the training is incurred at no cost to the school district.
Vermont Statutes 18 V.S.A. § 1781. Definitions
(7) "Green cleaning" means a practice that includes:
- (A) the use of a cleaning product certified as environmentally preferable by an independent third party or an environmentally preferable cleaning product used by the Department of Buildings and General Services;
- (B) best practices that follow accepted management standards and improve indoor air quality; and
- (C) equipment that facilitates effective cleaning.