Wisconsin - Air Quality: Program Requirement
Wisconsin Statutes 118.075 Indoor environmental quality in schools.
(3) Indoor environmental quality in schools model management plan. By the first day of the 12th month beginning after the month in which the task force submits its report under sub. (2) (f), the department shall establish a model management plan and practices for maintaining indoor environmental quality in public and private schools. In developing the plan and practices, the department shall consider the recommendations of the task force.
(4) School district plans.
- (a) By the first day of the 3rd month beginning after the month in which the department establishes the model management plan and practices under sub. (3), each school board shall provide for the development of a plan for maintaining indoor environmental quality in its schools.
- (b) By the first day of the 12th month beginning after the month in which the department establishes the model management plan and practices under sub. (3), each school board shall implement a plan for maintaining indoor environmental quality in its schools.
- (c) Each school board shall provide a copy of the plan implemented under par. (b) to any person upon request.
Wisconsin Statutes 101.12 Approval and inspection of public buildings and places of employment and components.
(1) Except for plans that are reviewed by the department of health services under ss. 50.02 (2) (b), 50.025, 50.36 (2), or 50.92 (3m), the department shall require the submission of essential drawings, calculations and specifications for public buildings, public structures and places of employment including the following components:
(a) Heating, ventilation, air conditioning and fire detection, prevention or suppression systems.
(b) Industrial exhaust systems.
(c) Elevators, escalators, lifts, as defined in s. 167.33 (1) (f), and power dumbwaiters.
(d) Stadiums, grandstands and bleachers.
(e) Amusement and thrill rides equipment.
(2) Plans of said buildings, structures and components shall be examined for compliance with the rules of the department and a statement of the examination returned to the designer and owner before construction is started. Nothing in this section shall relieve the designer of the responsibility for designing a safe building, structure or component.