Delaware - Alcohol and Drug-use Intervention Programs: Programs and Services
Programs And Services
Delaware Administrative Code 14-612 Possession, Use or Distribution of Drugs and Alcohol
4.0 Requirement of Each School District and Charter School to have a Policy
- 4.1 Each school district and charter school shall have a policy on file and update it periodically. The policy shall include, at a minimum, the following:
- 4.1.1 A system of notification of each student and their parent, guardian or Relative Caregiver at the beginning of the school year, of the state and district policies and regulations. In addition a system for the notification of each student and their parent, guardian or Relative Caregiver whenever a student enrolls or re enrolls during the school year of the state and district policies and regulations.
- 4.1.2 A statement that state and district or charter school policies shall apply to all students, except that with respect to children with disabilities, applicable federal and state laws will be followed.
- 4.1.3 A written policy which sets out procedures for reporting incidents to police authorities, parents, guardians or Relative Caregivers and to the Department of Education, while maintaining confidentiality.
*4.1.4 A written policy on how evidence is to be kept, stored and documented, so that the chain of custody is clearly established prior to giving such evidence over to the police.
- 4.1.5 A written policy on search and seizure.
- 4.1.6 A program of assistance for students with counseling and referral to services as needed.