Kentucky - Alcohol and Drug-use Intervention Programs: Programs and Services
Kentucky Revised Statutes 156.496 Family resource and youth services centers.
(3) Youth services centers shall be located in or near each school in the Commonwealth, except elementary schools, in which twenty percent (20%) or more of the student body are eligible for free or reduced-price school meals. Youth services centers shall promote identification and coordination of existing resources and shall include but not be limited to the following core components for each site:
- (a) Referrals to health and social services;
- (b) Career exploration and development;
- (c) Summer and part-time job development for high school students;
- (d) Substance abuse education and counseling; and
- (e) Family crisis and mental health counseling.