New Hampshire - Alcohol and Drug-use Prohibitions or Restrictions: Prohibitions or Restrictions
New Hampshire Revised Statutes 193-D:2 State Board Rulemaking Authority; Public School District Policies.
I. The state board of education shall adopt rules relative to safe school zones, under RSA 541-A, for public school pupils and public school employees regarding:
- (a) Disciplinary proceedings, including procedures assuring due process.
- (b)(1) Standards and procedures for suspension and expulsion of pupils, including procedures assuring due process.
- (2) Standards and procedures which shall require expulsion of a pupil for knowingly possessing a firearm in a safe school zone without written authorization from the superintendent or designee.
- (c) Procedures pertaining to discipline of pupils with special needs, including procedures assuring due process.
- (d) Procedures for reporting acts of theft, destruction, or violence under RSA 193-D:4.
II. Nothing in this chapter shall prohibit local school boards from adopting and implementing policies relative to pupil conduct and disciplinary procedures.
New Hampshire Revised Statutes 193-D:1 Definitions.
- (j) Illegal sale or possession of a controlled drug under RSA 318-B.