Oregon - Alcohol and Drug-use Prohibitions or Restrictions: Prohibitions or Restrictions
Oregon Revised Statutes 336.222 District policy and plan; content.
In accordance with rules adopted by the State Board of Education in consultation with the Oregon Health Authority and the Alcohol and Drug Policy Commission, each district school board shall adopt a comprehensive alcohol and drug abuse policy and implementation plan, including but not limited to:
(1) Alcohol and drug abuse prevention curriculum and public information programs addressing students, parents, teachers, administrators and school board members;
(2) The nature and extent of the district’s expectation of intervention with students who appear to have drug or alcohol abuse problems;
(3) The extent of the district’s alcohol and other drug prevention and intervention programs; and
(4) The district’s strategy to gain access to federal funds available for drug abuse prevention programs.
Oregon Administrative Rules 581-021-0055 Standards of Conduct
(1) Students shall comply with the written rules of the school district board, pursue the prescribed course of study, submit to the lawful authority of teachers and school officials, and conduct themselves in an orderly fashion.
(2) Students shall be liable to discipline, suspension, or expulsion for misconduct, including but not limited to:
- (a) Theft;
- (b) Disruption of the school;
- (c) Damage or destruction of school property;
- (d) Damage or destruction of private property on school premises or during a school activity;
- (e) Assault or threats of harm;
- (f) Unauthorized use of weapons or dangerous instruments;
- (g) Unlawful use of drugs, narcotics, or alcoholic beverages;
- (h) Persistent failure to comply with rules of the lawful directions of teachers or school officials.
Oregon Secretary of State