Wisconsin - Alcohol and Drug-use Prohibitions or Restrictions: Prohibitions or Restrictions
Prohibitions Or Restrictions
Wisconsin Statutes 125.09 General restrictions.
(2) Possession of alcohol beverages on school grounds prohibited.
- (a) In this subsection:
- “Motor vehicle” means a motor vehicle owned, rented or consigned to a school.
- “School” means a public school, a parochial or private school, or a tribal school, as defined in s. 115.001 (15m), which provides an educational program for one or more grades between grades 1 and 12 and which is commonly known as an elementary school, middle school, junior high school, senior high school, or high school.
- “School administrator” means the person designated by the governing body of a school as ultimately responsible for the ordinary operations of a school.
- “School premises” means premises owned, rented or under the control of a school.
- (b) Except as provided by par. (c) no person may possess or consume alcohol beverages:
- On school premises;
- In a motor vehicle, if a pupil attending the school is in the motor vehicle; or
- While participating in a school-sponsored activity.
- (c) Alcohol beverages may be possessed or consumed on school premises, in motor vehicles or by participants in school-sponsored activities if specifically permitted in writing by the school administrator consistent with applicable laws, ordinances and school board policies.
- (d) A person who violates this subsection is subject to a forfeiture of not more than $200, except that ss. 125.07 (4) (c) and (d) and 938.344 provide the penalties applicable to underage persons.