Maryland - Building Construction and Maintenance: Program Requirement
2017 Code of Maryland 23.03.02.02 Local Educational Facilities Master Plan.
A. A local educational facilities master plan is a written plan that includes:
- (1) Educational goals, standards, and guidelines;
- (2) Community analysis, concluding that the plan conforms to the adopted county and municipal comprehensive plan and growth management strategies;
- (3) An inventory and evaluation of existing school buildings;
- (4) Current and projected enrollment data;
- (5) Analysis of future school facility needs;
- (6) Policies for co-location, shared use, and shared cost of existing and planned school facilities;
- (7) Policies to address school capacity needs in planned growth areas or to address adequate public facilities ordinance requirements; and
- (8) Policies addressing current and planned transportation for students, administrators, and teachers per school.
2017 Code of Maryland 23.02.02.18 Maintenance.
A. Comprehensive Maintenance Plan.
- (1) A comprehensive maintenance plan is a written plan approved by the local board of education that describes a strategy for maintaining public school facilities.
- (2) Annually, each LEA shall submit to the IAC a comprehensive maintenance plan that is compatible with the local educational facilities master plan and the local capital improvement program.
- (3) The IAC or its designee shall notify the LEA of concerns and recommendations about the comprehensive maintenance plan.
- (4) The LEA shall resolve the IAC's issues to the reasonable satisfaction of the IAC or its designee.