Utah - Building Construction and Maintenance: Program Requirement
Utah Code 26-1-30. Powers and duties of department.
The department shall exercise the following powers and duties, in addition to other powers and duties established in this chapter:
(23) adopt rules and enforce minimum sanitary standards for the operation and maintenance of:
- (a) orphanages;
- (b) boarding homes;
- (c) summer camps for children;
- (d) lodging houses;
- (e) hotels;
- (f) restaurants and all other places where food is handled for commercial purposes, sold, or served to the public;
- (g) tourist and trailer camps;
- (h) service stations;
- (i) public conveyances and stations;
- (j) public and private schools;
Utah Code 26-15-2. Minimum rules of sanitation established by department.
The department shall establish and enforce, or provide for the enforcement of minimum rules of sanitation necessary to protect the public health. Such rules shall include, but not be limited to, rules necessary for the design, construction, operation, maintenance, or expansion of:
- (1) restaurants and all places where food or drink is handled, sold or served to the public;
- (2) public swimming pools;
- (3) public baths including saunas, spas, massage parlors, and suntan parlors;
- (4) public bathing beaches;
- (5) schools which are publicly or privately owned or operated;
Utah Administrative Code R392-200-1. Authority and Purpose of Rule.
This rule is authorized under Sections 26-15-2, 26-1-30(9), 26-1-30(23), 26-1-5, and 26-7-1. It establishes minimum standards for the design, construction, operation, sanitation, and safety of schools.
Utah Office of Administrative Rules